Established in 1984, the Crown Scholarship is a full- tuition, five-year scholarship awarded to an incoming freshman architecture student. This prestigious award encourages exceptional architectural achievement and recognizes outstanding students pursuing architecture.
The Crown Scholarship seeks incoming students with exceptional potential who will be challenged by the IIT curriculum to pursue a professional commitment to architecture. To retain the scholarship, Crown Scholars must maintain a 3.25 grade point average while enrolled at IIT. In addition to meeting the criteria established by IIT for undergraduate admission, candidates for the scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Be an incoming full-time freshman
- Possess outstanding academic achievement
- Be involved in extracurricular activities that demonstrate leadership and independence
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
In addition to the application for undergraduate admission, candidates wishing to be considered must submit the following:
- One-page essay explaining his/her interest in architecture
- One 8 1/2" x 11" freehand drawing of any subject
- Letter of recommendation for the Crown Scholarship, written with knowledge of your creativity and leadership potential
Candidates must submit the additional materials to the IIT Office of Undergraduate Admission (address below) to be received no later than December 1, 2012.
Applications will be reviewed by College of Architecture studio faculty and representatives from the Chicago architectural community. Finalists will interview on campus during Scholarship Weekend (February 14-16, 2013).
Download Crown Scholarship flyer (PDF)
Materials should be directed to:
Illinois Institute of Technology
Office of Undergraduate Admission
10 West 33rd Street
Perlstein Hall, Room 101
Chicago, IL 60616