William BobcoAdjunct Faculty
Materials Handling, Facilities Planning
- Teaches INTM 442/542 Warehousing and Distribution
- MBA, Production Management, University of Chicago
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois, Chicago
Research & Major Accomplishments
Bobco is a Consultant in materials handling and facilities planning for Footlik & Associates. His work encompasses all aspects of designing and implementing distribution and manufacturing facilities and systems for companies in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. In addition, he is an instructor for the Warehouse Productivity Clinic, an affiliate of Footlik & Associates. He previously worked in production management for the American Can Company in Maywood, Illinois.
Much of Bobco's experience comes from service in the United States Army. He was an officer in the Ordnance Corps at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD, an S3 Supply Officer and HQ Company Commander in Gunzburg, Germany, and provided supply and combat support in PhuBai and DaNang,VietNam; attaining the rank of Captain after two years.MaterialM
Professional Society Memberships
Editorial Board Service
Professional Society Service
- Past Chair, Board Member, and Newsletter Editor, Chicago Section, ASME
- Past Board and Committee Chair, Alumni Association of the University of Illinois, Urbana/Champaign
- Past Chair and Board Member, Engineering Alumni Association,University of Illinois, Chicago
- Past Board Member, Industrial Advisory Board, College of Engineering, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Volunteer, Chicago Area Red Cross; Assists with warehousing planning and layouts.
- Chair, Facilities Committee, St. Giles Catholic Church, Oak Park, IL.