Donatas Tijunelis, DBA, PEAdjunct Faculty
Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Industrial Technology and Management
Office Hours: By appointment
Phone: INTM Office 312.567.3652
Fax: INTM Office 312.567.3655
- Instructor/Advisor, INTM 597 Special Projects and INTM 462/562 Special Topics in Sustainability
- Teaches INTM 460/560 Sustainability of Critical Materials
- DBA, Business Administration, Nova-Southeastern University
- MS, Chemical Engineering, Northwestern University
- BS, Chemical Engineering, Purdue University
Research & Major Accomplishments
Dr. Tijunelis prefers to go by "Don." He is a Registered Professional Engineer, with research interests in the management issues facing environment, energy and natural resource sustainability worldwide. Don served for many years on the State of Illinois Professional Registration Board, Industry Relations Advisory Boards at Northwestern and Northern Illinois Universities, as well as on the panel of judges for the annual “R&D-100” Invention Awards.
Don’s industrial experience is highlighted by many years as Vice President of R&D at Viskase Corporation (formerly a division of Union Carbide Corporation) and as the Associate Director of Materials and Manufacturing Process Research at Borg Warner Corporation. His specific technical expertise is in petroleum, petrochemical, and plastics products and process industries.
Don also served overseas in the Middle East, Central and Eastern Europe as a volunteer through the International Executive Service Corps (IESC), for which he received highly deserved Presidential recognition. At IESC he helped implement good engineering and technology management practices while promoting sustainable developments. In addition, he taught International Management in the MBA program at Lake Forest Graduate School of Management for 20 years. Don travels extensively internationally.
- Inventor and co-inventor of 21 patents ranging from enhanced oil recovery systems to materials for food packaging and preservation.