Joel GoldbergAdjunct Faculty
Operations Management, Entrepreneurship
Industrial Technology and Management
Office Hours: By appointment
Phone: INTM Office 312.567.3652
Fax: INTM Office 312.567.3655
- Teaches INTM 410 Operations Management and INTM 477 Entrepreneurship in Industry
- BA, Education and Psychology; Northeastern Illinois University
- AAS, Engineering; Wright College (Chicago)
Research & Major Accomplishments
Goldberg has been actively involved in privately owned business since 1969. His experience ranges from the shop floor to P&L responsibility for the multiple divisions of a global $100M family-owned business. He has managed operations, engineering, R&D, customer service, logistics, IT, and facilities. Prior to coming to IIT he was CEO, Global Equipment, Atlas Material Testing Technology LLC. His experience there included operations at Atlas MTT GmbH, the KDS Division, Kaan Division, and WIP (weathering instruments produce management). He was a member of the Corporate Executive team, and was a major contributor to the successful sale of the business in 2007 and again in 2010.
Today, he is the President of G2G Strategies, a privately-held consulting company specializing in Mergers and Acquisitions, Generation 2 Generation Coaching, Interim Management, PE consulting and evaluation and preparing a company for maximum financial exit. He recently formed a professional alliance with the Paul M. Heinze Company working on Mergers, Acquisitions, exit planning and business advisory services.
Goldberg is committed to training and development. He is a frequent speaker on topics including: generational transitions; goal setting; business succession; entrepreneurship; leadership; innovation; pricing for profit; change management; and, team focused productivity enhancements.
- Tooling and Manufacturing Association, Winzeler Award for Service to the Industry (2001)
Professional Society Memberships
Editorial Board Service
Professional Society Service
- Tooling and Manufacturing Association (TMA) Apprenticeship Training Committee (1986-96), Chairman (1992-94); President, TMA Board of Directors (1994).
- District 207 Council for World Class Schools (1997)