Mazin SafarProgram Director
Industrial Technology and Management
Office: 3424 South (TS), Room 4003
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Teaches INTM 414 Topics in Industry and INTM 409/509 Inventory Control
- Higher Education Administration, Operations and Business Management
- MBA, University of Chicago; MS, Management Science and Operations Research, IIT
Research & Major Accomplishments
When Safar became INTM Program Director, he had developed and taught INTM's courses on Industrial Logistics and Inventory Control, while teaching in other departments at IIT for several years.
Prior to joining the faculty at IIT, Safar was Dean of Enrollment Management for East-West University. His professional responsibilities included grants administration, institutional research and analysis, financial planning and budgeting, fundraising, grant-writing, and long-range strategic planning. He was also a professor in the East-West Division of Management teaching courses such as Operations Research, Production and Operations Management, Management Science, Economics, Corporate Finance, Stock Market and Investment, and Project Management.
Professional Society Memberships
- Association for Operations Management (APICS)
- Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)