Ray Lemming, PEAdjunct Professor, CAE, IIT Armour College of Engineering
Facilities Infrastructure Design, Planning, Development
Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering
Office Hours: By appointment
- Teaches CAE 470/INTM 417 Construction Estimating
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, 1996
- MBA, Central Michigan University
- BS, Civil Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology
- BS, Psychology (Organizational and Psychometrics), University of Dayton, OH.
Research & Major Accomplishments
Mr. Lemming’s legal experience is in all areas associated with the construction industry with emphasis on surety law and contract claims. Lemming was previously Construction Claims Administrator in General for MWRD Engineering, as well as Chief Engineer of CNA Surety.
In addition, Lemming has worked on numerous projects in the U.S. and abroad for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE). He was involved with the McCook Reservoir (IL) Deep Tunnel Project, Construction Management/Project Controls Training in El Salvador for the national power authority (CEL), Constructability/Schedule Analyses, Maheshwar Hydroelectric Project in central India and Dhamwari Sunda Hydro Project in northern India.
As an advisor for USACE, Lemming worked on airfield and infrastucture plans that were ultimately used in the Persian Gulf War. He also supported pipeline construction and tunnel interdiction in Korea, airfield construction in Honduras, USAID projects in the Middle East and Africa, and heavy civil construction at Midwestern U.S. military sites. Lemming has also been an estimating and scheduling engineer for many well-known national and local commercial building and public works projects.
His local project list includes the Government Center and Riverwalk in Naperville, police stations, jails, and a school in Wheaton, and the renovations and additions to Northwestern and LaRabida Hospitals in Chicago, Lutheran General Hospital, Niles, and Evanston Hospital, Evanston.
Professional Society Memberships
Editorial Board Service
Professional Society Service
- Computer Columnist for Ad Rem magazine, an international law publication. 1995-1996
- Presentation of paper; “Implementation of Electroninc Document Management Systems in Large Water Agencies” for Water Environment Federation Technical Exhibition and Conference (WEFTEC), 2009