ARE Refresher - Graphics, PL 011
About this Course:
The ARE@IIT course is a comprehensive review of the Architecture Registration Exam, covering all ARE exams, providing lectures, discussions, mock exams, and ample opportunity for questions and answers.
In Module 1, topics for the graphics section of the ARE exam including the Site Planning, Building Planning, and Building Technology vignettes through a combination of lectures, mock exams (with individual mock exam review), Q&A discussion session, web site for review, module information, and course communication will be reviewed.
Participants should have a degree in architecture and an interest in the topic.
Who Should Attend:
This course is valuable for architects who are preparing for Architect Registration Exam.
Site Planning + Design (plus computer graphics)
Schematic Design (Building Planning)
Building Technology (Technical Graphic Vignettes that are throughout the exam in v.4.0)
- Principles of Site Analysis, Design, and Zoning
- Discussion of Site Grading, Contouring, and Parking Design
- Principles of Building Planning including Interior Layout Issues and Schematic Design Principles
- Discussion of Codes and Constraints on Building and Site Planning
- Discussion of Structural Layouts, Working in Section, Stair Design, Roof Planning and related code reviews and exam tips.
- Discussion of Accessibility Issues and codes
- Overview of Mechanical and Electrical Planning (especially as regards reflected ceiling plans)
Bob Stephen and Barry Chin
Mike Newman, Moderator
Illinois Institute of Technology