ARE Refresher - Materials & Systems, PL 012
About this Course:
The ARE@IIT course is a comprehensive review of the Architecture Registration Exam, covering all ARE exams, providing lectures, discussions, mock exams, and ample opportunity for questions and answers.
In Module 2, topics for the Building Systems (Mechanical & Electrical) Exam and the Building Design (Materials & Methods) Exam through a combination of lectures, mock exams, Q&A/ discussion session, web site for review, module information, and course communication will be reviewed
Participants should have a degree in architecture and an interest in the topic.
Who Should Attend:
This course is valuable architects who are preparing for Architect Registration Exam.
Building Systems (Mechanical and Electrical Systems, HVAC)
Building Design & Construction Systems (Materials and Methods)
- Principles of Building Systems: Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical, Lighting, etc.
- Discussion of specialty topics of Acoustics, Fire Suppression, etc.
- Discussion of Codes, Regulations for Utility, Mechanical, and Electrical Systems
- Discussion of Environmental Issues in Mechanical and Electrical Systems
- Principles of Materials and Technology, including steel, concrete, wood, and masonry
- Review of Construction Practices and Processes
- Discussion of Codes, Fire Ratings, and Regulations as regards materiality and construction.
Mike Newman, Moderator
Illinois Institute of Technology