ARE Refresher - Pre-Design and Documents, PL 013
About this Course:
The ARE@IIT course is a comprehensive review of the Architecture Registration Exam, covering all ARE exams, providing lectures, discussions, mock exams, and ample opportunity for questions and answers.
In Module 3, topics for the Building Systems (Mechanical & Electrical) Exam and the Building Design (Materials & Methods) Exam through a combination of lectures, mock exams, Q&A/ discussion session, web site for review, module information, and course communication will be reviewed.
Participants should have a degree in architecture and an interest in the topic.
Who Should Attend:
This course is valuable for architects who are preparing for Architect Registration Exam.
Construction Documents and Services
Programming, Planning and Practice (formerly Pre-Design)
- Principles of Programming & Analysis
- Discussion of Environmental, Social, & Economic Issues
- Principles of Codes & Regulations
- Principles of Site Planning and Analysis
- Discussion of Design Issues such as human behavior, historic precedent, design theory, etc.
- Discussion of Project and Practice Management
- Principles of the Legal Environment for Architecture and Construction
- Review of Construction Drawings and Project Manual Issues
- Review of Contracts and Services for construction projects
Mike Newman, Moderator
Illinois Institute of Technology