ARE Refresher - Structures, PL 014
About this Course:
The ARE@IIT course is a comprehensive review of the Architecture Registration Exam, covering all ARE exams, providing lectures, discussions, mock exams, and ample opportunity for questions and answers.
In Module 4, new Structural Systems Exam (which combines the former two structures exams, General Structures and Lateral Forces) through a combination of lectures, mock exams, Q&A discussion sessions, special tutorial sessions, web site for review, module information, and course communication will be reviewed.
Participants should have a degree in architecture and an interest in the topic.
Who Should Attend:
This course is valuable for architects who are preparing for Architect Registration Exam.
Topics: General Structures, Lateral Forces, Long Span Structures
- Principles of Structural Systems and Organization
- Discussion of Structural Codes & Regulations and Environmental Issues
- General Structural Materials and Technology
- Load Calculation of components
- Principles of Seismic Forces and Wind Loads
- Discussion of Seismic/Wind/Lateral Force Codes & Regulations and Environmental Issues
- Impact of Lateral Forces/Seismic/Wind concerns on Materials, Technology, and Costs