CTTI Environmental Science, PLED 560
About this Course:
The purpose of this 10-week environmental science course is to develop an understanding of the use of biological systems to measure and remove pollution from the environment.
Who Should Attend:
Chicago Public School Science Teachers ONLY!
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Understand the use of living organism to measure the health of river habitats.
- Understand the implementation of appropriate approaches and technologies to restore the environment.
- Understand the use of vermicompositing technologies to degrade organic materials.
- Nature of science and Scientific inquiry
- River Health
- River Ecosystem Restoration
- Next Generation Science Standard
3 Graduate Credit