Microsoft Project Level 2, SC 540
Students enrolling in this class should have the ability to create and update project plans using Microsoft Project 2010:
- A general understanding of project management concepts is helpful, but is not required.
- Knowledge of other Microsoft Office 2010 applications would also be helpful, but is not required.
Who Should Attend:
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who has the basic skills to create and modify project plans using Microsoft Project 2010, and who needs to use Microsoft Project 2010 to manage and customize those plans through the implementation stage of a project.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Exchange project plan data with other applications.
- Update a project plan.
- Manage project costs.
- Report project data visually.
- Reuse project plan information.
Lesson 1: Exchanging Project Plan Data with Other Applications
- Topic 1A: Import Project Information
- Topic 1B: Export Project Plan Cost Data to an Excel Workbook
- Topic 1C: Copy a Picture of the Project Plan Information
- Topic 2A: Enter Task Progress
- Topic 2B: Enter Overtime Work
- Topic 2C: Edit Tasks
- Topic 2D: Reschedule a Task
- Topic 2E: Filter Tasks
- Topic 2F: Set an Interim Plan
- Topic 2G: Create a Custom Table
- Topic 2H: Create a Custom Field
- Topic 3A: Update Cost Rate Tables
- Topic 3B: Group Costs
- Topic 3C: Link Documents to a Project Plan
- Topic 4A: Create a Visual Report
- Topic 4B: Customize a Visual Report
- Topic 4C: Create a Visual Report Template
- Topic 5A: Create a Project Plan Template
- Topic 5B: Create a Custom View
- Topic 5C: Make Custom Views Available to Other Project Plans
- Topic 5D: Share Resources
- Topic 5E: Create a Master Project