Storage Technologies, IT-O 557
About this Course:
Modern enterprise data storage technologies and architectures are examined in depth. Topics include storage devices, file systems, storage networks, virtual storage, RAID, NAS, SAN and other current enterprise-level storage models. Storage management, replication, deduplication, storage tiers, backups, as well as fundamentals of business continuity, application workload, system integration, and storage/system administration are addressed. Specific knowledge and skills required to configure networked storage to include archive, backup, and restoration technologies are covered.
Upon completion, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge regarding modern storage systems and technologies.
- Differentiate between the protocols of storage networking technologies.
- Discuss the aspects of storage backup, archive, and replication.
- Identify the pros and cons of cloud storage technologies.
- Develop plans for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Apply this knowledge in designing complex storage environments.
- Introduction: Storage Architecture & Data Centers, Storage Hardware Components, Devices & Disk Arrays
- RAID and Intelligent Storage Systems
- Fiber Channel SANs
- SAN Simulator
- IP and FCoE, NAS, Unified Storage
- NAS Simulators
- Business Continuity
- Backups and Archives
- Cloud Storage
- AWS S3, GlusterFS, Ceph
- Security & Management
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, projects and exams