Introduction to Programming with Java, IT 311
About this Course:
This course introduces the concepts of object-oriented design and implementation approach in Java programming language. Participants will use different tools to understand some basic design patterns and know how to apply them into real world situations. Object-Oriented based design knowledge and how to implement in Java language will be discussed. Basic HTML World Wide Web programming will also be included.
Basic understanding about software development and some coding experience a plus! General familiarity with your operating system environment. Ability to create, edit, modify text files
Who Should Attend:
Professionals wanting to learn Java, including programmers and non-programmers.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Write and resolve programming problems using Java Language
- Build Java Application and Java Applet
- Identify Java standard libraries and classes
- Write, compile, execute and troubleshoot Java programming
- Understand and utilize Java Graphical User Interface in the program writing
- Understand Java programming syntax, control structures and Java programming concepts
- Understand, locate and Use Help Resources
- Develop and write Object Oriented Java Programs
- Class and course introduction, JDK installation, Java overview
- Java primitive data type. Variables, Identifiers and Constants, String type
- Selection control - if, else, while, for loop
- Creating Java Methods. Method overloading. Passing variables. Arrays. Passing array.
- Object and classes. Concept of Object Oriented Programming. Defining classes. Constructors. Passing objects. Class scope, member access, set and gets methods. Information hiding
- Object and classes. String class. Command online. File class.
- Inheritance and polymorphism. Superclass and subclass. Dynamic binding. Protected data.
- GUI components, API, frames, Layout, color, Graphics class and Drawing
- Creating user interface - Button, Checkbox, Label, List, Scrolls, Sliders, TextAreas. Applet and Multimedia. Applet class. JApplet class. HTML file. Exception handling
Grading/CEU award for this course includes assignments, exams and labs.