Linux+ Certification Training, IT 456
About this Course:
Students learn to set up and configure an industry-standard open-source operating system, including the actual installation of the operating system on the student workstation. Also addressed are applications and graphical user interfaces as well as support issues for open source software.
IT 302 Introduction to UNIX and Shell Scripting or equivalent experience required for enrollment.
Who Should Attend:
Professionals interested in learning the administrative techniques of Linux operating system.
Participants will be able to explain the fundamental management of Linux systems from the command line, demonstrate knowledge of user administration, understand file permissions, software configurations, and management of Linux-based clients, server systems and security.
- Introduction to Linux
- Preparing for Linux Installation
- Installing Linux
- Linux Filesystems
- Managing Linux Filesystems
- Administering the Linux Filesystem
- Advanced Linux Installation
- Linux Shells: Using the BASH Shell
- System Initialization and X Windows
- Managing Linux Processes
- Administering Linux
- Compression, Systems Back-Up and Software Installation
- Troubleshooting & Performance
- Linux Networking
- Configuring Network Services & Security