NAG Presentation and Demonstatation on Computational Optimization and its Applications
Dr. Jeremy Walton
Sentior Technical Consultant
Numerical Algorithms Group, Inc. (NAG)
NAG invites you to join an innovative presentation hosted at the Illinois Institute of Technology that includes a selection of software demonstrations, as well as a detailed discussion their applications!
Hosted by: Fred Hickernell, Ph.D., Department of Applied Mathematics Professor and Chair at IIT.
Please join NAG and IIT to discuss a comprehensive collection of mathematical and statistical algorithmic solutions for programmers and application developers including:
• Local and global optimization of multivariate functions
• Solution of dense, banded and sparse linear equations; eigenvalue problems
• Curve & surface fitting; interpolation
• Solution of ordinary and partial differential equations; mesh generation
• Numerical integration; integral equations
• Solution of linear and nonlinear least squares problems
• Finding the roots of nonlinear equations (including polynomials)
• Random number generation
• Time series analysis
• Correlation and regression methods
• Multivariate methods
New test problems, challenges, and information regarding new applications of optimization are welcome. The 90-minute event will conclude with an informal question and answer session with the speakers with refreshments provided!
27 October 2011, E1 244 3:30 to 5:30 pm
To Register: Please Email Kim Crispin at firstname.lastname@example.org