Barbara Heller , Ph.DProfessor Emeritus
- Inference problems in the field of Mathematical Statistics; the use of generalized coherent states for the purpose of creating parametric families of probability distributions; statistical modelling via group theoretic methods; posterior distributions via coherent states; operational approach to quantum physics; probability operator valued measures.
Research & Major Accomplishments
- Posterior distributions on certain parameter spaces obtained by using group theoretic methods adopted from quantum physics, with M. Wang, Technical Report No. 546, The University of Chicago, Department of Statistics, April, 2004.
- Group invariant inferred distributions via noncommutative probability, with M. Wang, submitted 2005.
- Posterior Distribution for Negative Binomial Parameter p Using a Group Invariant Prior, with M. Wang, Statistics and Probability Letters, 77, 1542-1548 (2007).
- Coherent States and Bayesian Duality, with S.T. Ali and J.-P. Gazeau, arXiv:0803.2269v1[math-ph] (2008), submitted.