Lulu Kang , Ph.D.Assistant Professor
- PhD in Industrial Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (2010)
- MS in Operations Research, Georgia Institute of Technology (2010)
- BS in Mathematics, Nanjing University, China (2005)
Research & Major Accomplishments
- Best Student Paper Award - Quality, Statistics, and Reliability (QSR) Section of Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS), San Diego (2009)
- Kiplinger Fellowship, Georgia Institute of Technology (2005)
- Samsung Scholarship, Nanjing University (2004)
Kang, L. and Joseph, V.R. (2009) Bayesian Optimal Single Arrays for Robust Parameter Design. Technometrics, 51, 250-261. (Winner of the Best Student Paper Award, QSR, IN- FORMS, 2009.)
Ai, M., Kang, L., and Joseph, V.R. (2009) Bayesian Optimal Blocking of Factorial Designs. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 139, 3319-3328.
Kang, L., Joseph, V.R., and Brenneman, W. (2009) A New Modeling Approach to Mixture- of-Mixtures Experiments. Technometrics, tentatively accepted.
Joseph, V.R. and Kang, L. (2009) Regression-Based Inverse Distance Weighting with Applications to Computer Experiments. Technometrics, tentatively accepted.
Kang, L. and Brenneman, W. A. (2009) Confidence Bounds for the Overall Product De- fect Rate with Attribute and Variable Data. Quality Reliability Engineering International, accepted.
Professional Society Memberships
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS)
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)