Internships for Applied Math Majors
» About Internships
Nearly all of these intership programs will pay you to work.
- There are many programs offering Research Experience for Undergraduates, in either individually or in groups. See the websites at the American Mathematical Society (AMS) and National Science Foundation (NSF) for a list. These programs are typically limited to US citizens and permanent residents.
- Department of Energy (DoE) Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI) for undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Department of Energy (DoE) Student Educational Employment (STEP) offers undergraduate students who are U.S. a temporary summer internship with the possibility for extension to part-time work during the academic year and Student Career Experience Program (SCEP) offers the best opportunity for permanent Federal employment with DOE for undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens.
- National Security Agency Director's Summer Program for undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens.
- National Security Agency Graduate Mathematics Program for graduate students who are U.S. citizens.
- National Research Council (NRC) Research Associate Programs for graduate, postdoctoral and senior researchers, mostly for U.S. citizens.
- Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) Co-op Education for undergraduate and graduate students – Apply by February to start in the summer.
- Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) Givens Associates for doctoral students in numerical and computational mathematics for summer research at ANL.
- Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) James Wallace Givens Fellowship and J. H. Wilkinson Fellowship in Scientific Computing for postdoctoral work at ANL.
- John Hopkins Center for Talented Youth Summer Program needs instructors (graduate students) and teaching assistants (undergraduate students).
- American Society for Engineering Education Naval Research Enterprise Internship Program for students undergraduates who are U.S. students.
- Carleton College Summer Math Program for Women is for female mathematics undegraduates who are completing their first or second year of college.
- George Washington University Summer Program for Women in Mathematics for mathematically talented undergrauduate women completing their junior year, or equivalent of college.
- Miami University Summer Undergraduate Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (SUMSRI) especially interested in, but not limited to, underrepresented minorites and women who are completing their first or second year of college.
- Congressional Budget Office (CBO) Volunteer Summer Internships for graduate students who are U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
- IBM has internship programs.
- National Security Agency has summer internship programs.