Biology Academic Programs
The undergraduate Biology degrees at IIT provide excellent preparation for the health professions including medicine, osteopathic medicine, and dental schools. In addition, the rigorous interdisciplinary program prepares graduates for careers in biotechnology, biochemistry and patent law, and environmental and biochemical engineering. Graduates are also prepared for immediate entry into positions in industrial, medical and other research laboratories and for graduate programs in biotechnology, cell biology, biochemistry, genetics, and molecular biology.
The objectives of IIT's Biology major are to give students strong training in the areas of modern cell biology, genetics, biochemistry, microbiology, and physiology, supported by a sold foundation in mathematics and the physical sciences. In addition, the Biology major is designed to give students broad opportunities to study advanced topics in biology, both in the classroom and by participating in undergraduate research projects.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Biology / Molecular Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Bachelor of Science in Biology / Master of Biology Degree Program (Co-Terminal Degree Program)
- Bachelor of Science / Honors Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Science / Honors Law
- Bachelor of Science / Secondary Science Teaching Certificate
- Pre-Medicine Minor
- Dual Degree - Bachelor of Science / Pre-Medicine - B.S./M.D
- Bachelor of Science / Master of Science Financial Markets