Libby HemphillAssistant Professor, Communication and Information Studies
- Social media and networks; virtual teams; joining communities and organizations; user experience research
Research & Major Accomplishments
- Overherd: Tools for Visualizing Online Discussions; Joining Virtual Organizations (NSF Award #0838295)
Hemphill, L. (2011) On the Road: Making Space to Reflect and to Listen. In Carlsen, A. and Dutton, J. (Eds.), Research Alive: Exploring Generative Moments of Doing Qualitative Research. Copenhagen Business School Press, Copenhagen.
Teasley, S.D., Schleyer, T., Hemphill, L. and Cook, E. (2008) Case Studies: Three Distributed Biomedical Research Centers. In Olson, G., Zimmerman, A., and Bos, N. (Eds.), Scientific Collaboration on the Internet. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA.
Hemphill, L., and Begel, A. (2008) How will you see my greatness if you can't see me? Poster presented at the ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work, San Diego, CA.
Hemphill, L. and Yew, J. (2007) TWiki and WetPaint: Two wikis in academic environments. Proceedings of the 2007 International ACM SIGGROUP Conference on Supporting Group Work, Sanibel Island, FL.
Professional Society Memberships
Editorial Board Service
Professional Society Service
- Academy of Management (OCIS, OB)
- Association for Computing Machinery (CHI)
- International Society of the Learning Sciences
- International Network for Social Network Analysis