John SnapperAssociate Professor, Philosophy; Academic Policy Coordinator
Office: SH 229
- Ph.D., Philosophy, University of Chicago
Research & Major Accomplishments
- Owning Information, co-edited with Vivian Weil, Rutgers Press, 1989.
- Ethical Issues in Computer Use, co-edited with Deborah Johnson, Wadsworth, 1984.
- "Responsibility for Computer-Based Decisions in Health Care" in Ethics Computing and Medicine, ed. Ken Goodman, Cambridge Press, 1998.
- "Overview: Intellectual Property Protections for Computer Software," in Computer Ethics and Social Values. ed. Deborah Johnson & Helen Nissenbaum, Prentice Hall, 1995.
- The Ownership of Ideas in Computer Software," in Software Ownership and Intellectual Property Rights, ed. T.W. Bynum, et al., Research Center on Coputing and Society, 1992.
- "Theoretical Bases for the Regulation of Intellectual Property," Social Epistemology, Jan 1990.
- "When Computer Misuse is not a Violation of Privacy," in The Information Web, ed. Carol Gould, Westview Press, 1988.