Selected Faculty Publications
- Dr. Patrick R. Ireland
- "Comparing Responses to Ethnic Segregation in Urban Europe," Urban Studies (forthcoming, 2008)
- "The EU's Halting Approach to Immigrant Integration," Canadian Diversity/Diversite canadienne, Vol. 5, No. 1 (Winter 2006/2007)
- Becoming Europe: Immigration, Integration, and the Welfare State (Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press, 2004)
- The Policy Challenge of Ethnic Diversity: Immigrant Politics in France and Switzerland (Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Press, 1994)
- Dr. Ullica Segerstrale
- An Intellectual Biography of William D. Hamilton (London: Oxford University Press, forthcoming)
- Defenders of the Truth: The Battle for Science in the Sociobiology Debate and Beyond (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2000)
- Editor, Beyond the Science Wars: The Missing Discourse about Science and Society (Albany, N.Y.: SUNY Press, 2000)
- Co-editor (w/ Peter Molnar), Nonverbal Communication: Where Nature Meets Culture (Mahwah, N.J.: Lawrence Erlbaum, 1997)
- Dr. William Grimshaw
- "Two Paths to Minority Empowerment," National Political Science Review (1997)
- "Revisiting the Urban Classics," Policy Studies Journal (1996)
- Bitter Fruit: Black Politics and the Chicago Machine, 1931-1991 (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1992
- Dr. Paul DeForest
- "The Changing Political Context of Biotechnology" (1995)
"The Matrix of Biological Disarmament" (1990)
- "Biotechnology in the European Community" (1989)
- "Biotechnology: Professional Issues and Social Concerns" (1988)
- Dr. Christena Nippert-Eng
- "Privacy in the United States: Some implications for design," International Journal of Design, Vol. 1, No. 2 (2007), pp. 1-10
- "Boundary Play," Space and Culture, Vol. 8, No. 3 (2005), pp. 302-324
- "A View From the Outside: Challenges of the Design Ph.D.," Idade da Imagem: Revista De arte, Ciencia, e Cultura do IADE, Instituto de Artes Visuais, Design e Marketing, No. 3, S. II. (2005), pp. 114-124
- Home and Work: Negotiating Boundaries through Everyday Life (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1996)
- Dr. Matthew Shapiro "The Triple Helix Paradigm in Korea and Taiwan: A Test for New Forms of Capital," in Mohammed Saad and Girma Zawdie’s (Eds) Theory and Practice of Triple Helix Model in Developing Countries, Routledge. (2011)
Co-Editor (w/ Matthew Haigh), Environmental Policy and Financial Institutions (report for the UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs): pp. 103 (2011)
Co-Editor (w/ Matthew Haigh), Investor Demand for Corporate Sustainability Reporting (report for the UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs): 86pp. The contents of this report were tabled at the UK Parliament in November 2010 and published by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs’ in the report The contribution that reporting of greenhouse gas emissions makes to the UK meeting its climate change objectives: a review of the current evidence (Report presented to Parliament pursuant to section 84 of the Climate Change Act 2008), (2010) pp. 31, pp. 60, available at DEFRA.
Co-Editor (w/ Han Woo Park and Min-Ho So)
"Quantifying the National Innovation System: Inter-regional Collaboration Networks in South Korea," Technology Analysis and Strategic Management, Vol. 22, No. 7 (2010) pp. 845-857.
"Korea’s Environmental Sustainability Leadership in East Asia and Beyond," Korea Observer Vol. 40, No. 4 (2009), pp. 735-762.
"Evidence of the Triple Helix Paradigm in Korea: A Test for Channels of Interaction," International Journal of Technology Management and Sustainable Development, Vol. 6, No. 3 (2008), pp.171-191.