Lili Du, PhDAssistant Professor, CAEE
Office: AM 204
3201 South Dearborn Street
Chicago, Illinois 60616
- Transportation Systems Analysis
- Operations Research and Statistics
- Network Modeling and Algorithm Design
- Data Analysis and Data Fusion
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, NEXTRANS, Purdue University, 2012.
- Ph.D., Decision Sciences and Engineering Systems, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2008.
- M.S., Operations Research and Statistics, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 2007.
- M.S., Industrial Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China, 2003.
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Xi’an Jiaotong University, China, 1998.
- Transportation systems analysis
- Real-time traffic sensing
- Sensor location problem
- Infrastructure network design under disasters
- Sustainable multimodal transportation system design
- Connected vehicle systems
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
Description of Research
- Information propagation in vehicle-to-vehicle communication networks
- Energy consumption issues in multimodal transportation networks
- Advance sensor location in dilemma zone protection systems
- Transportation network retrofit incorporating the uncertainty of disasters
- Stochastic online routing
- Real-time link traffic prediction
- Lili Du and Srinivas Peeta (2013). A Stochastic Optimization Model to Reduce Expected Post-Disaster Response Time Through Pre-Disaster Investment Decisions. Networks and Spatial Economics (Accepted).
- Lili Du, Srinivas Peeta and Yong Hoon Kim (2013). Online Stochastic Routing Incorporating Real-Time Traffic Information. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board 2334, 95-104.
- Lili Du, Anuj Sharma, and Srinivas Peeta (2012). Optimal Advance Detector Location for Green Termination Systems on High Speed Isolated Intersections. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 46(10), 1404-1418.
- Yin Hang, Lili Du, Qu Min, and Srinivas Peeta (2013). Designing Solar Cooling Systems Using Optimization and Central Composite Design Techniques. Renewable Energy 52(4), 67-78.
- Lili Du, Srinivas Peeta, and Yong Hoon Kim (2012). Adaptive Information Fusion Models to Estimate the Short-Term Travel Time Distribution. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 46(1), 235-252.
- Lanshan Han and Lili Du (2012). On a Link-Based Day-to-Day Traffic Assignment Model. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 46(1), 72-84.
- Lili Du and Satish Ukkusuri (2010). The Relative Mobility of Vehicles Improves the Performance of Information Flow in Vehicle Ad Hoc Networks. Networks and Spatial Economics 10, 209-240.
- Lili Du, Satish Ukkusuri, Wilfredo F. Yushimito Del Valle, and Shivkumar Kalyanaraman (2009). Optimization Models to Characterize the Broadcast Capacity of Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 17(6), 571-585.
- Satish Ukkusuri and Lili Du (2008). Geometric Connectivity of Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks: Analytical Characterization. Transportation Research Part C: Emerging Technologies 16(5), 615-634.
- Zhenggang Dan, Linning Cai, Lili Du, and Li Zheng (2006). Load Balancing of the Vehicle Routing Problem. Journal of Tsinghua University (Science and Technology) 46(11), 1945-1948.
- Sunderesh Heragu, Lili Du, Ronald Mantel, and Peter Schuur (2005). A Mathematical Model for Warehouse Design and Product Allocation. International Journal of Production Research 43(2), 327-338.
Professional Society Memberships
Active member of Transportation Research Board Transportation Network Modeling Committee (ADB30)
Active member of Transportation Research Board Technology Transfer Committee (ABG30).
Editorial Board Member of the International Journal of Business Analytics.