Yang Xu, Ph.D.Associate Professor
- RF/analog and mm-wave IC design for wireless communications, radar and imaging applications.
- Ph.D., ECE, Carnegie Mellon University, 2005
- M.S., EE, Fudan University, Shanghai, China, 2000
- B.S., EE, Fudan University, Shanghai, China, 1997
He is the Summer Faculty Fellow of American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) in 2010 and 2012. He was a recipient of the Inventor Recognition Award from the Microelectronics Advanced Research Consortium (MARCO) in 2004 and 2005.
- Yang Xu, L. Pileggi, "Configurable Analog and RF Integrated Circuits Design and Optimization," in VDM Verlag Dr. Muller Aktiengesellschaft & Co. KG 2008. ISBN: 978-639-08212-8
Selected PublicationsQiang Zhu; Yang Xu; , "A 228 µW 750 MHz BPSK Demodulator Based on Injection Locking," Solid-State Circuits, IEEE Journal of , vol.46, no.2, pp.416-423, Feb. 2011
Berenguer, R.; Gui Liu; Yang Xu; , "A Low Power 77 GHz Low Noise Amplifier With an Area Efficient RF-ESD Protection in 65 nm CMOS," Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, IEEE , vol.20, no.12, pp.678-680, Dec. 2010
Yang Xu, K. Wang, T. Pals, A. Hadjichristos, K. Sahota and C. Persico, "A Low-IF CMOS Simultaneous GPS Receiver Integrated in a Multimode Transceiver ", IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits Conference (CICC), San Jose, CA, Sept, 2007
V. Peluso, Yang Xu, P. Gazzerro, et. al, "A Dual-Channel Direct-Conversion CMOS Receiver for Mobile Multimedia Broadcasting", International Solid-State Circuit Conference(ISSCC), San Francisco, CA, Feb, 2006
Yang Xu, K. Hsiung, X. Li, I. Nausieda, S. Boyd, and L. Pileggi, "OPERA: optimization with ellipsoidal uncertainty for robust analog IC design," 42th IEEE/ACM Design Automation Conference (DAC), Anaheim, CA. June 2005
Yang Xu, C. Boone and L. Pileggi, "Metal-mask configurable RF circuits", IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits(JSSC) , Volume: 39 Issue: 8, Aug. 2004
1.Yang Xu, Solti Peng “APPARATUS AND METHODS FOR DOWNCONVERTING RADIO FREQUENCY SIGNALS,” US Utility Patent 7,865,164. Jan 4, 2011
2. Yang Xu, Gang Zhang, Prasad S. Gudem “DELTA-SIGMA MODULATOR CLOCK DITHERING IN A FRACTIONAL-N PHASE-LOCKED LOOP,” US Utility Patent 7,911,247. March 22, 2011
3. Xin Li, Yang Xu, Peng Li and Lawrence Pileggi, "ANALOG AND RADIO FREQUENCY (RF) SYSTEM-LEVEL SIMULATION USING FREQUENCY RELAXATION," US Patent 7,653,524. Jan 26, 2010
4. Yang Xu, L. Pileggi and M. Asheghi, “CONFIGURABLE RF AND ANALOG CIRCUITS USING PHASE-CHANGE MATERIAL SWITCHES,” US Patent 7,634,248. December 15, 2009
5. Yang Xu, S. Boyd and L. Pileggi, “OPTIMIZATION AND DESIGN METHODS FOR CONFIGURABLE ANALOG CIRCUITS AND DEVICES,” US patent 7,350,164, March, 2008
6. Kevin Wang, Yang Xu, Kamal Sahota, “RECONFIGURABLE ANALOG BASEBAND FILTER FOR LOW-IF AND ZERO-IF RECEIVERS,” US Utility Patent Filed, May 24, 2007.