Samer M. Khanafseh, PhDResearch Assistant Professor
- Guidance and navigation
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Jordan University of Science and Technology, 2000
- M.S. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, 2002
- Ph.D. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Illinois Institute of Technology, 2008
- High accuracy and high integrity navigation algorithms
- Cycle ambiguity resolution for high integrity applications
- Fault monitoring and robust estimation techniques
- Best-of-Session Paper Awards, Institute of Navigation (2006)
- Institute of Navigation 2011 Early Achievement Award
Khanafseh, S., and Pervan, B., "Reference Receiver Failure Mitigation in Carrier Phase Navigation Algorithms Using Multiple Reference Receivers," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems (In press).
Khanafseh, S., Pullen, S., and Warburton, J., "Carrier Phase Ionospheric Gradient Ground Monitor for GBAS with Experimental Validation," NAVIGATION: Journal of the Institute of Navigation (Invited, accepted for publication).
Khanafseh, S., and Langel, S., "Implementation and Experimental Validation of Cycle Ambiguity Resolution with Position Domain Integrity Risk Constraints," NAVIGATION: Journal of the Institute of Navigation, Vol. 58, No. 1 (2011) pp. 45-58.
Khanafseh, S., and Pervan, B., "A New Approach for Calculating Position Domain Integrity Risk for Cycle Resolution in Carrier Phase Navigation Systems," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, Vol. 46, No. 1 (2010) pp. 296-307.
Rife, J., Khanafseh, S., Pullen, S., De Lorenzo, D., Kim, U., Koenig, M., Chiou, T., Kempny, B., and Pervan, B., "Navigation, Interference Suppression, and Fault Monitoring in the Sea-Based Joint Precision Approach and Landing System," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 96, No. 12 (2008) (Invited paper).
Khanafseh, S., and Pervan, B., "Autonomous Airborne Refueling of Unmanned Air Vehicles Using GPS," Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 44, No. 5 (2007) pp. 1670-1682.
Pervan, B., Sayim, I., and Khanafseh, S., "Synthesis of Empirical and Theoretical Approaches Toward the Establishment of GBAS Sigma_pr_gnd," Journal of Navigation, Royal Institute of Navigation, Vol. 58, No. 2 (2005) pp. 279-313.
Raman, G., Khanafseh, S., Cain, A., and Kerschen, E., "Development of High Bandwidth Powered Resonance Tube Actuators with Feedback Control," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 269, Nos. 3-5 (2004) pp. 1031-1062.