Enter the Program Name exactly as it is entered in the data entry page.MMAE
Enter Department Name and Program name to populate page.
- Biomedical Engineering = BME
- Civil, Architectural and
Environmental Engineering = CAE
- Chemical and Biological Engineering = ChBE
- Electrical and Computer Engineering = ECE
- Mechanical, Materials, and Aerospace Engineering = MMAE
Program: Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
MMAE Undergraduate Programs
For degree programs of students admitted prior to Fall 2010 see the MMAE Academic Office.
The objectives of the ME undergraduate program are to prepare graduates for a broad range of professional careers and provide a foundation for advanced studies at the graduate or professional level.
Graduates of the ME undergraduate program will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice