Enter the Program Name exactly as it is entered in the data entry page.MMAE
Enter Department Name and Program name to populate page.
- Biomedical Engineering = BME
- Civil, Architectural and
Environmental Engineering = CAE
- Chemical and Biological Engineering = ChBE
- Electrical and Computer Engineering = ECE
- Mechanical, Materials, and Aerospace Engineering = MMAE
Program: Bachelor's Degree in Materials Science and Engineering (BSMSE)
MMAE Undergraduate Programs
This program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET Inc.
For degree programs of students admitted prior to Fall 2010 see the MMAE Academic Office.
- Graduates will meet the expectations of employers of materials engineers
- Qualified graduates will pursue advanced study if they so desire
- Graduates will assume/undertake leadership roles in their communities and/or professions.
Graduates of the ME undergraduate program will have:
An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
An ability to communicate effectively
The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
A knowledge of contemporary issues
An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice