Federal Work-Study Program Email
The following email was sent to all students who have accepted monies under the Federal Work-Study Program.
Greetings from the Office of Financial Aid at Illinois Institute of Technology.
Our records indicate that you have accepted the offer of Federal Work-Study (FWS) for the 2009-2010 academic year as part of your overall financial aid package from the university.
We are pleased to provide this update to you regarding the administration of the Federal Work-Study Program at the university.
If you are among the over 400 FWS students who have found a FWS position, completed all of their paperwork, and have started to work, congratulations. We hope that your first few weeks on the job have been productive, meaningful and enjoyable.
Please take our "We Care" survey by going here. We would very much appreciate the opportunity to learn from you about the process of finding a FWS position at IIT. Let us know what we did well and offer suggestions for improved service.
Plenty of Jobs Available
If you have not yet found a FWS position, we want you to know that there are plenty of GREAT jobs on campus, especially through our community service partners! Please read the following notes about finding work opportunities through the FWS program.
- Nearly all FWS positions are posted on the Career Management Center's Web site: www.cmc.iit.edu/home.asp
- To view the FWS positions, you should create and log in to your NACElink account by going to https://iit-csm.symplicity.com/students/.
- Once you have identified a position of interest to you, follow the application instructions outlined for each job description.
FWS — Research Positions on Campus
- FWS students who are interested in research opportunities should visit the Undergraduate Research site at iit.edu/research/undergraduate_research/
- If you would like to discuss any of the research opportunities available through the FWS program, please contact Eric M. Brey, Ph.D., Assistant Dean for the Office of Undergraduate Research, at email@example.com.
FWS — Community Service
- Any IIT student who is awarded FWS may utilize those funds to participate in community service. There are a wide range of community service positions posted on NACElink.
We strongly encourage students to consider these options as they provide important service learning opportunities for our students and demonstrate an active commitment to the broader neighborhood and community in which IIT resides.
Please note that you may recommend a community service agency to our list of partner organizations. To do so, please email Catherine Fuller, Associate Director for Undergraduate Admission, at firstname.lastname@example.org who will then contact the appropriate individuals.
- If you have any questions about your FWS award, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at email@example.com.
- If you have questions regarding the paperwork related to your FWS position, please contact the Student Employment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hope that this information is helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions related to the FWS program.
On behalf of the Offices of Financial Aid and Student Employment, we want to wish you the very best for the 2009-10 academic year.
Gerald P. Doyle
Undergraduate Admission and Financial Aid