As the Spring Career Fair gets closer, the Office of Campus Life would like to remind students about appropriate interview attire.
- It is good practice to wear a tailored navy, charcoal gray, brown or black suit. Your suit jacket should only have two or three buttons. It should not look or feel tight when buttoned.
- Wear little to no cologne/perfume. You do not want the scent to overpower your interviewer.
- Pants should fall to the top of your shoes and never drag on the floor. If wearing a skirt suit, the skirt should fall to the middle of your knees or directly past your knees.
- Wear clothes that are not tight but fit, and are comfortable!
- Keep your jewelry simple, such as a gold or silver necklace, or an elegant strand of pearls, and small earrings.
- Shoes: Black heels are always a good choice! However, navy heels can be worn with a navy suit and gray heels with a gray suit.
- Heels should be no more than 3 inches tall, closed-toe and polished, showing no scuffs.
- Makeup should be simple and clean. Less is best!
- Nails should be manicured; if you wear polish, stick to pale pink or shell.
- Carry a purse or a briefcase, not both.
- Wear a white or French blue, 100% cotton collar shirt under your chosen suit jacket.
- Choose a neat-patterned, small dot, or classic striped silk tie – nothing bold or busy. Classic tie color choices are: burgundy, navy blue, or green.
- Black lace-up dress shoes with black socks that cover your ankle when sitting are best. Shined shoes are a must!
- Make sure nails are clean and trimmed.
- If you have time and money to take your suit to a tailor, do so.