The deadline to submit nominations for the staff excellence in Service Awards had been extended until the close of business on Monday, February 13.
The IIT Staff Excellence Award recognizes employees who, either on an individual or a team level, exemplified IIT’s spirit of excellence in the calendar year 2011 through:
- Distinguished service to the IIT community (students, faculty, staff or community as a whole)
- Exemplary leadership on strategic initiatives at the university level
The success of our students, faculty and university would not be possible without the hard work, outstanding support and services provided by IIT staff. This is your opportunity to nominate a staff member who exemplifies IIT’s spirit of excellence for the Staff Excellence Award. Nominations are accepted from staff, faculty or students.
Judging will be based on service to students, faculty and/or staff, innovation and excellence of the initiative and the degree to which the initiative improves a university function. Submissions should clearly align with one or more of IIT’s Values and Core Principles:
- Focus on Students,
- Foster Leadership and Ethical Decision-Making,
- Commitment to Diversity and Excellence,
- Focus on Resource Management,
- Heighten Reputation through Activity in the Community.
A team of committee members will review the nominations and select award winners in each of the areas below:
- Rookie: Newly hired employee with at least one year of service.
- Individual: A staff member with at least three years of service.
- Team: Work groups that collaborated on an initiative that significantly improved the function of the university. The teams can be inter-departmental or cross-functional.
Thank you for taking the time to help us identify outstanding staff members for this special recognition. The award will be presented at the spring staff meeting on February 29, 2012. If you have any questions, please contact Maria McClain at 312.567.3932 or email@example.com.