The Paul V. Galvin Library is now open all day and all night continuously from Sunday through Friday, and open on Saturdays, too! You can find what you need and the space to study, alone or in a group, at Galvin Library. Starting today, August 19, the library will:
- Be open on Sunday at noon and stay open 24 hours a day until closing on Friday at 7:00 pm
- Be open on Saturday from 8:30 am–5:00 pm
New this academic year, the library will be open on both levels to best serve your study and collaboration needs. With new spaces and furnishings (with more new furniture arriving throughout the first month of classes), library staff welcome both returning and new students to find out why Galvin Library is THE place to be for IIT scholars!
Services available during all hours include access to:
- Study areas on both levels for individual, group and collaborative learning opportunities
- Library computers, scanners, copiers and printers on both levels
- OTS laptops available during all library hours that can be used anywhere on both levels (please note that these may not be available during the first week of the semester and that laptops cannot leave the library)
- OTS Support Desk ALL night long!
- The Reserves collection which contains textbooks
- Books (reference, circulating and leisure reading) and journals (bound journals and popular magazines)
From 6:00 pm–7:30 am, patrons must have their IIT ID to enter the library. There is a public safety officer in the building at night and the Office of public Safety provides escorts for students on campus. Follow Galvin Library on Facebook.
Questions? Ask a librarian by email, telephone, IM chat or text, or stop by in person!