November 15, 2013Posted in: Faculty/Staff
Illinois Institute of Technology would like to recognize employees who either on an individual or a team level exemplifies IIT’s spirit of excellence in the 2013 calendar year by:
- Distinguished service to IIT community (Staff, students or community as a whole)
- Exemplary leadership on strategic initiatives at the University level
The success of our students, faculty and University would not be possible without the hard work, outstanding support and services provided by the IIT staff. This is your opportunity to nominate a staff member who exemplifies IIT’s spirit of excellence for the Staff Excellence Award. Nominations can be accepted from staff, faculty or students.
Judging criteria will be based on service to students, faculty or staff, innovation and excellence of the initiative and the degree to which the initiative improves a university function. In addition, the submission should clearly align with at least one of IIT’s Values and Core Principles: Focus on Students, Foster Leadership and Ethical Decision-making, Commitment to Diversity and Excellence, Focus on Resource Management, Heighten Reputation through activity in the Community.
A team of committee members will review the nominations and select winners in each of the areas below:
- Rookie: Newly hired employee with at least one year of service.
- Individual: A staff member with at least three years of service.
- Team: Work groups that collaborated on an initiative that significantly improved the function of the university. The teams can be inter-departmental or cross-functional.
Please submit nominations to Derrick Streater via email
. Nominations are due by January 17, 2014.
All nominations will need to be submitted on the attached submission form. Click here
to access the form.
The Staff Excellence Award will be presented at the Spring Staff Meeting on February 27, 2014. Please call Derrick Streater with any questions at 312.567.3932.