The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program online application is now open for students participating in study abroad programs and internships during the summer 2014 and fall/academic year 2014-2015 terms. The Gilman Program aims to diversify the kinds of students who study and intern abroad, and the countries and regions where they go. All eligible applicants are encouraged to apply.
For more information about the Gilman Scholarship, webinar schedules, and other helpful resources, including subscription to Gilman Advisor Newsletters, visit the Gilman website. Summer 2014 & Fall/academic year 2014-2015 online applications are due March 4, 2014 by 11:59 p.m.
Students applying for any academic term must meet the following eligibility requirements:
* Enrolled as an undergraduate student at an accredited two- or four-year U.S. institution
* Receiving a Federal Pell Grant at the time of application or during the term abroad
* Be a United States citizen
* Participating in a study abroad program or internship that is no less than four weeks (28 days) in one country and no more than an academic year
* Applying to or accepted into a study abroad program or internship eligible for academic credit by the student’s home institution
* Studying or interning in any country not currently under a U.S. State Department Travel Warning or Cuba
The Gilman International Scholarship Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) and administered by the Institute of International Education (IIE). Since the program’s inception in 2001, the Gilman Program has awarded over 15,000 U.S. undergraduates of high financial need to study and intern abroad in over 130 countries from more than 1,100 institutions.
The Study Abroad Office is available to assist students with this and other scholarship applications. In order to apply for this scholarship, you must first apply for initial permission to study abroad through iit.abroadoffice.net. The deadline for Summer, Fall and Academic Year programs is February 10, 2014. Visit the Study Abroad website to learn more and email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
This event reflects the values expressed in IIT’s Diversity Statement and is intended to promote diversity at IIT.