To officially kick off the Commencement celebration, IIT is hosting Graduate Salute on Monday, April 28 and Tuesday, April 29 from noon–7 pm in the Hermann Hall Ballroom. Attendance is only necessary on one of these two dates. Graduate Salute is an important event that will help you prepare for Commencement.
At Graduate Salute you will:
• Pick up your regalia (cap and gown) and guest tickets for the Commencement ceremony. You must present your student ID or other photo ID in order to receive your items.
• Receive information from the Career Management Center on your job search.
• Talk to the IIT Alumni Association and learn how to stay in touch with IIT after you graduate and how to donate to the 2013-14 Student Gift.
• Order your personalized graduation announcements and class ring.
• Have a picture taken wearing your cap and gown. There is no obligation to purchase a photo even if you have one taken.
Please note: You can only claim regalia and tickets for yourself. Students who filled out the online RSVP by the February 17 deadline are eligible to receive four guest tickets. Students who did not RSVP on time will be put on a waiting list for guest tickets. Please contact your Academic Unit Planner regarding guest tickets. All students are welcome to attend the IIT Commencement ceremony.
Mark your calendars to attend Graduate Salute on one of the two days. Shuttles will run between the Downtown Campus and Main Campus for this event. See shuttle bus schedule below:
If you are unable to attend Graduate Salute you will be able to pick up your regalia and guest tickets the morning of the ceremony.
Visit the commencement website for more information.
Questions? Make sure you contact the correct department:
• Undergraduate Student Application questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Graduate Student Application questions: email@example.com
• Diploma questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Disability Services questions: email@example.com
• International student questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Commencement ceremony questions: email@example.com