The Fifth Annual Graduate Student Seminar Day(s) was held on Wednesday, April 23 and Thursday, April 24 2014. Robert Brackett, IIT vice president and IFSH director, officially opened the two-day seminar. Food Science and Nutrition (FdSN) FST/FPE Graduate students presented their projects which were judged by a panel comprised of four staff members including Susanne Keller and Diane Stewart from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Kaiping Deng and Armand Paradis from IFSH.
The judges ranked the presentations based on the following criteria:
1. Quality of Scientific Research
2. Power Point slides
3. Oral Presentation
The awards went to the following students:
• 1st Place Certificate of Excellence in Scientific Presentation and $500 – Xuebin Fan (Tong-Jen Fu’s student)
• 2nd Place Certificate of Excellence in Scientific Presentation and $300 – Yancui Huang (Britt Burton-Freeman and Indika Edirisinghe’s student)
• 3rd Place Certificate of Excellence in Scientific Presentation and $100 – Yue Zhou (Yoon Song’s student)
The awards were presented by:
• Darsh Wasan, Ph.D., Motorola Distinguished Professor of Chemical Engineering and Vice President for International Affairs, IIT
• Richard McDonald, Ph.D., Director, Division of Food Processing and Technology, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
• C. Robert (Bob) Carlson, Ph.D., Dean, IIT School of Applied Technology and Chair, Department of Information Technology and Management
The Graduate Seminar Days help FdSN students improve their presentation skills and they learn from your feedback.