During the August 1 maintenance window, there will be a change to IIT-Secure wireless infrastructure that will affect how users authenticate. While IIT has allowed users to use just their username when authenticating, after this change they must also include the domain along with the username.
For most users, this means that they will use their full email address as their username, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. If your device(s) has already been configured to use your full email address, then this change will not affect you in any way.
If your device(s) are currently configured with just your username, we recommend you follow the standard procedure (listed below) for connecting to IIT-Secure as soon as possible to avoid any issues occurring after August 1.
1. On your device select the “IIT-Connect” wireless network
2. Open a web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer)
3. You will be directed to an IIT Wireless Network page
4. Select the Student, Faculty and Staff link to access the configuration wizard
5. Follow the prompts to run the application
This change will resolve the problems some users have experienced when moving between campuses and will provide users a better experience when they are at other campuses. For questions or concerns, contact the support desk in Galvin Library – Upper Level, email email@example.com or call 312.567.3375.