Did you know that IIT staff have library privileges? Summer is the perfect time to take a few minutes and stop by the circulation desk on Galvin Library’s lower level where you can set up your library account and get started using library resources. With your Galvin Library account, you have access to:
- New books in the collection include In the Plex: how Google thinks, works, and shapes our lives, Social Media Analytics: effective tools for building, interpreting and using metrics, Passion & Purpose: stories from the best and brightest young business leaders and just in time for the 100th celebration of his birth, Woody Guthrie, American Radical, but come and browse the collection for more titles. You’ll find new books on the upper level, south of the main staircase.
- Leisure Reading is a collection of leased books so titles change all the time as new ones arrive and old ones are returned. This collection features bestsellers and classics from all genres including mysteries, thrillers, cookbooks, health and nutrition books, anime, graphic and serial novels, and much more. Leisure reading is located on the upper level in the Northeast corner.
- Learn a new language online using Mango through the library’s subscription. The courses are currently available in more than 20 foreign languages and more than 12 English as a Second Language (ESL) courses, all of which can be accessed from off-campus. Click here for a list of available languages. Set up an account if you plan to return or simply select the “Start Learning” button to try it out.
Also included in staff privileges is access to:
- I-Share a consortium of 76 institutions features an online catalog that contains more than 42 million items. Set up your online account using our pdf or video guide, order online and the item is shipped here in a few days. You’ll receive an email when it arrives.
- MyILL which provides access to materials not available in I-Share. This service borrows from more than 8000 libraries and research institutions from across the US. You will need to set up an account in the MyILL system and you’ll be notified by email when your book, article or borrowed material arrives.
- More information about both interlibrary loan systems can be found here.
- More than 100+ research databases, newspapers, online journals and ebooks.
IIT staff can find reading and viewing materials in Galvin Library’s collection, in the online catalogs that support interlibrary loan, and in subscription databases. Unsure how to use a resource or have a question? Contact us by phone, email, IM or stop by in person, where you’ll find the best resource offered by Galvin Library: helpful library staff!