September 15 – October 15 is Hispanic/Latino Heritage Month! The national theme this year is “Diversity United, Building America’s Future Today.” We hope that you will join IIT in supporting this movement on campus.
Plan to participate in some of these activities:
- Global Cuisine from Cuba—The Commons Cafeteria; Monday, September 10 from 12:50–2:00 pm
- Carne Asada Pre-Kick-off—Morton Park; Thursday, September 13 from 3:00–6:00 pm
- The Truth Behind Latinos Workshop—SB 111; Monday, September 17 from 6:00–8:00 pm
- Hispanic/Latino Heritage Month Closing Ceremony, which includes a showing of Fernando Chapa’s (EE ′88, CS ′91) documentary—MTCC Auditorium, Monday, October 15 from 6:00–8:00 pm
- Global Cuisine from Spain—The Commons Cafeteria; Friday, October 19 from 12:50–2:00 pm
- Latino Dance Night @ at The Bog—Thursday, September 27 from 9:00 pm–???
More information to follow on these events:
- Latino Fun Fest
- Voter Registration Workshop: “The Importance of Voting for Latinos and Other Under-Represented Groups”
- The Taste of Latin Cuisine
Programs are sponsored by Latino’s Involved in Further Education and the Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement, and are co-sponsored by Sodexo; the Office of Campus Life; the Office of Student Access, Success, and Diversity; the Office of Spiritual Life and Service Learning; the International Center; Athletics; and the Student Center for Diversity and Inclusion.
For more information please contact SCDI@iit.edu.