Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU)
For all programs the following criteria apply:
- Students should have a declared engineering or science (biology, chemistry, mathematics, computer science, or physics) major.
- Students should have a minimum GPA of 3.00/4.00.
- Selected applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Women and students from underrepresented minority groups are encouraged to apply to all programs.
Our students gain real life experience, making presentations and having their work published. .
The objectives of the REU program are to:
- Train undergraduates in basic research through challenging diabetes-related engineering projects performed with research mentors from ITT
- Expose them to the broader health implications of their research with lectures from clinical experts and tours of clinical facilities,
- Integrate ethics discussion and training into all aspects of the student experience.
These experiences stimulate the interests of undergraduates in engineering research in general, and specifically emphasize the need for top-notch researchers in the field of diabetes.
Students involved in REU may work closely with many research centers at IIT, including the newly formed Center for Diabetes Research and Policy.