Illinois State law requires that university students who are enrolled at least half-time must be immunized against certain communicable diseases. These students are required to submit proof of immunization to the Student Health and Wellness Center. The Student Health and Wellness Center clinical staff can provide the appropriate immunizations for students in need. Please visit our appointments page for information on our immunization hour, as well as, to schedule an appointment.
Please review our immunization policy below:
1. Immunization records are expected to be updated in the Student Health and Wellness Center by the end of the first week of classes.
2. A registration hold will be placed on a student’s account if there is not a valid or updated Immunization Verification Form on file and/or the student has been deemed "Non-Compliant". The hold will be active on the last date of the Add/Drop period.
3. Registration holds will be lifted once the student is determined to be in compliance with Illinois State Law.
- Immunization Record Form:
Students born on or after January 1, 1957 and attending class on any of the IIT campuses at least half-time are encouraged to submit this form to the Student Health and Wellness Center before or during summer orientation.
- Medical Exemption Form & Religious Exemption Form
For students with religious and/or medical exemptions, please submit the appropriate exemption form along with proper documentation either in person, by fax, or by e-mail. Remember to include your student ID# on every attached document. Please click here for information regarding the exemption process.