IIT Admission Ambassador Program
Alumni of Illinois Institute of Technology understand the significant contributions IIT has made to their professional and personal development. With your unique experiences and familiarity with the university, alumni of IIT are well poised to share their experiences with prospective students and their families. As a member of the IIT Admission Ambassador Program, you will be representing the university in a friendly and knowledgeable way as you help prospective students learn more about IIT. While the amount of time you invest in the program is up to you, any contribution you make will help shape the future of your alma mater.
Why join the IIT Admission Ambassador Program?
You already love IIT and talk about it frequently.
You can certainly continue to do so informally, but there are so many more ways to give back.
By becoming an IIT Admission Ambassador, you can volunteer your time to IIT by:
- Attending Undergraduate Admission events throughout the year
- Referring prospective students to IIT — online form
- Communicating with admitted students (by phone, letters, email, etc.)
- Staying updated with a quarterly newsletter from the Office of Undergraduate Admission (archives)
- Becoming part of the formal organization which recruits the future alumni who will continue the traditions of Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Attending regional college fairs and visiting high schools in your area
- Joining Alumni Chapters to stay connected with IIT in multiple ways
There are times when you may need to use these resources to help as you spread the word about IIT! Be sure to use our updated brochures as a great reference tool.
Please be sure to read over our training materials to help prepare you as an IIT Admission Ambassador:
- AAP Guidelines (PDF)
- Alumni Training Manual (PDF)
- Guidelines for College Fair Alumni Representatives
Recommend a Student to IIT
If you meet a student you think would be a great fit at IIT, please fill out the referral form and we will contact them about IIT.
If you want to get to know the counselor working with students in your community, please visit our Admission Counselor Territories.
Be sure to check out our event page to see all the ways a student can visit campus. We highly encourage students to visit campus because we are confident in the IIT student experience. If you know an interested student, please encourage them to come visit IIT so they can experience what its like to be a Scarlet Hawk for themselves! We will work with each student to help them gather as much information as possible while on campus, whether that involves meeting with an admission counselor, attending a class, or taking a campus tour.
We would love to hear from you. Contact Tim with any questions about this program and contact Marian about Alumni Relations and getting involved in other way. Stay connected with Alumni Relations on their page as well: alumni.iit.edu.
|Timothy Lipman '10
Ambassador Program Coordinator
Perlstein Hall 101
10 W 33rd Street
Chicago, IL 60616
Manager of Regional Alumni Programs
Alumni Relations Office
|M. Quincy Davidson
Office of Graduate Admission