Through the generosity of IIT donors, several special scholarships are awarded to students who show exceptional leadership and academic promise.
First Year Scholarships
Duchossois Leadership Scholars
The Duchossois Leadership Scholars Program is a nationally preeminent, elite scholarship program providing full-tuition with a room and board allowance which attracts top students nationwide who demonstrate exceptional leadership potential and academic success in their projected field. The Duchossois Family Foundation makes this scholarship possible..
Learn more about the Duchossois Leadership Scholars Program
Camras Scholars Program
Candidates competing for the Camras Scholars Program, one of IIT's highest undergraduate academic honors, satisfy very high selection standards. Students must demonstrate outstanding academics, involvement in extracurricular activities and dedication to leadership.
Camras Scholars enjoy full tuition benefits, leadership development and enhanced access to research and community service opportunities.
More about the Camras Scholars Program
University Scholars Program
Candidates competing for the University Scholars Program must demonstrate outstanding highs school grades, standardized test scores, provide written recommendations, personal qualities and involvement in extracurricular activities.
Recipients of the University Scholarship Program receive a merit award of $30,000 per year for up to four years of undergraduate study—a $120,000 value.
More about the University Scholars Program
Chicago Police and Fire Departments Scholarship
In honor of their service to the city of Chicago, IIT offers $20,000 annual scholarships to the children and grandchildren of members of the Chicago Police Department and Chicago Fire Department.
Learn how to apply for the Chicago Police and Fire Departments Scholarship
Collens Scholars Program
The Collens Scholarship, is for eligible Chicago Public School graduates to attend IIT as a full-time student with full financial support for all tuition, books and fees. Since its launch at the end of the 2006 academic year, 181 CPS students have benefited from this program.
Learn more about the Collens Scholars Program
Each year the Crown Scholarship provides full tuition for five years to one first-year, full-time architecture student. The Crown Scholarship looks for creativity, ingenuity and a desire to study architecture in a historic place like Chicago, IIT, and S. R. Crown Hall. Students need to provide academic credentials and an original freehand drawing. Selected applicants are invited to spend a weekend on campus to interview with a panel of architecture professionals and college studio faculty.
Learn more about the Crown Scholarship
Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC)
All branches of the United States military are represented at IIT. The U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy have offices at IIT; the U.S. Army is based at a partner university. All three branches serve the entire Chicago area.
- The 195th Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Cadet Wing is stationed on IIT's Main Campus in Stuart Building, Room 208
- The Naval Reserve Officer Training Corps office is located on IIT's Main Campus in Stuart Building, Room 217
- The Chicago Fire Battalion Army Reserve Officer Training Corps Program is located on the campus of the University of Illinois at Chicago
How to apply
- Apply for scholarships through the respective ROTC branches (contact information below)
- Applicants are eligible to receive up to full funding from the U.S. government.
- IIT supplements any remaining room and board balance for applicants who are not fully awarded
For detailed information, please view this PDF.
For more information
AFROTC Detachment 195
10 West 31st Street (Stuart Building), Room 208
Chicago, Illinois 60616-3729
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
10 West 31st Street (Stuart Building), Room 217
Chicago, Illinois 60616-3729
Transfer Student Scholarships
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
Active members of Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) are eligible for the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship (up to $5,000 per year) upon proof of PTK membership when applications are reviewed. The scholarship is awarded at the time of acceptance, and notification appears on applicant's merit scholarship letter
Acceptable proof of PTK membership
- Copy of student's PTK membership certificate or membership card.
- Student needs to be a PTK member for at least one semester prior to applying to IIT.
- PTK Membership as indicated on college transcript
- A letter verifying membership with Phi Theta Kappa
- A statement written by current or previous PTK chapter advisor or president on chapter letterhead, stating that the student is a member in good standing. Please include date of induction to the PTK Honor Society in the letter.
The President's Scholarship provides support to students at two-year institutions who go on to study within the fields of science, psychology, technology, engineering, mathematics, business, or architecture at IIT. Students must be nominated by their institution's president to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship. Recipients receive a $23,500 annual tuition scholarship award and $5,000 annual housing scholarship award (on-campus residence).
For more information about the Presidential Scholarships.