Collens Scholars Program
As with all our students, our Collens Scholars demonstrate a high standard of academic excellence, aptitude in mathematics and science, social service, and a desire to pursue a high quality educational experience. Specifically, we offer the opportunity to be a Collens Scholar to Chicago Public School seniors who demonstrate defined financial need.
The Collens Scholars come to IIT from high schools across Chicago, bringing greater knowledge and understanding of the communities around them. They are some of the strongest and most dedicated students in the city and on our campus, and are interested in everything from sustainable architecture to chemical waste management. The first recipients of the Collens Scholarship were freshman in 2007 — who knows who they will be in the future or what they will do for the world?
How to apply
Apply to IIT as a first year student.
Requirements for Consideration for a Collens Scholarship
- Graduate from a Chicago Public School in June of senior year
- Have a strong academic record
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using IIT's FAFSA code: 001691
- Have parents (or guardians) whose income is less than $60,000 per year
- Complete verification process with the Office of Financial Aid
- Transfer students are not eligible for this program
Since the launch of the Collens Scholars Program at the end of the 2006 academic year, 181 CPS students have benefited from this scholarship.
- Submit IIT application by January 15 to be considered for the Collens scholarship.
- FAFSA: by February 15
- Students will be notified starting March 15 if they have been awarded this scholarship
For more information, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission at email@example.com.