Come and See if IIT is Right for You
There's no better way to find out if a university is a good fit than by visiting campus—to see where you'll learn, live, eat, and have fun.
Campus Visit Opportunities
- Discover IIT Days
- Individual Weekday and Saturday Visits
- Overnight Visits — Nighthawk Program
Call us at 312.567.5189 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Discover IIT Days
For an in-depth look at Main Campus, academic programs, campus life, and the admission and financial aid processes, a Discover IIT Day is a great time to visit.
- The day begins at 9 am and ends at 3 pm
- Family members are welcome
- Refreshments are provided
- Students, faculty, and staff will show you what IIT is all about!
Please register for the Discover IIT day so we know to expect you and your guests.
July 27, 2013 — Registration coming in May
August 10, 2013 — Registration coming in May
If you have any questions or concerns about these visit opportunities, please contact Timothy Lipman '10, Event Coordinator, at email@example.com or 312.567.6933.
Transfer Walk-in Thursday
Select Thursdays this spring, we will keep our doors open until 7pm to better accommodate the busy schedule of our transfer applicants. We welcome you to drop by and say hello as well as bring any application materials that you are missing (i.e. Transcripts and Letters of Recommendation). If you have any questions or would like to talk to an admission counselor, we'd be happy to meet with you between 3pm and 7pm. Appointments are encouraged, please contact our visit coordinator to schedule a time: 312.567.5189 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 2, 23
- June 6
Individual Weekday Visit Opportunities
All students are encouraged to visit with an admission counselor at least once during or before the application process. Students and families can schedule an appointment to meet Monday through Friday.
- Appointments available Monday through Friday 9:30 am - 2 pm.
- Student ambassador-led campus tours (1 hour) — leaves Office of Undergraduate Admission at 12:45 pm.
- Students can and should schedule an appointment to meet a faculty member in their academic field. These requests should be made at least two weeks in advance.
To schedule a private visit, fill out the appropriate online reservation form or call 312.567.5189
Note: Schedules vary for holidays, special event dates, and summer.
Saturday Visit Opportunities
- Office of Admission open 10 am - Noon
- Student ambassador-led campus tours (1 hour)
- Presentation covering application and enrollment process, financial aid and scholarship opportunities
- May 4
- June 15, 29
Note: Schedules vary for holidays, special event dates, and summer. Call 312.567.5189 for details.
Overnight Visits — Nighthawk Program
What is there to do?
- Shadow a current student
- Stay overnight in a residence hall
- Attend campus events and activities
- Take campus tour
- Meet with an admission counselor
- Meet with a professor
- Sit in on a class
Will I meet other students?
Your hosts are current undergraduate IIT students. They had many of your same questions and concerns as high school students. We encourage you to ask them about their own college search process and experiences.
What are the rules?
As an IIT guest, you are expected to abide by the rules and regulations of the university, which are designed to build a friendly, caring, and safe atmosphere. When staying in a residence hall, all of the rules and regulations that apply to IIT students will apply to you.
What does it cost?
Your residence hall accommodations and meals are free. We encourage you to bring some money for any activities or entertainment in which you might participate with your host
When can I come?
Overnight visits are available during the academic semester (Sept-Early Dec and Late Jan-Early May). New dates will become available in September 2013.
- Complete the Nighthawk Request Form.
- Fax the Overnight Stay Agreement and General Release, and Emergency Contact and Medical Information forms to 312.567.6939 or email the completed form to email@example.com.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your visit has been arranged. Requests will not be processed until all documents are received.
Call us at 312.567.5189 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
School groups or organizations interested in getting an inside look at IIT and the college admission process should contact:
Maggie Fraga, Visit Coordinator
800.448.2329 (outside of Chicago)
Please allow one month's notice when scheduling your group's visit.