The purpose of the International Center is to promote international education and cultural exchange by:
1) Supporting international students, faculty and staff, as well as students studying abroad;
2) Assisting in the compliance of immigration and other related regulations; and
3) Providing services and resources to the IIT community.
These services include:
- Individual and group orientations to the university and community resources.
- Assistance with Department of Homeland Security and Department of State document preparation for employment, program extensions, reinstatements and change of status.
- Preparation of enrollment verification for social security application, for U.S. and foreign governmental agencies and tuition expense letters.
- Workshops for university faculty, staff and students on issues affecting international students and scholars.
- Tax workshops
- Employment workshops
- Immigration basics workshop
- Cross-cultural activities and programs that promote intercultural perspectives and address adjustment issues.
- English Conversation Partner Program
- International Festival
- Thanksgiving holiday program
- Shopping excursions
- Tours of Chicago
Study Abroad Advising for students interested in studying in another country
Click here for information on Office of International Affairs