Purpose: The Parking Appeals Committee at Illinois Institute of Technology is an impartial body of campus community members that review parking citation appeals and recommend decisions to the Director of Access, Card, and Parking Services (ACaPS).
- 1 IIT Faculty Representative
- 1 IIT Staff Representative
- 1 Rental Property Tenant Representative
- 1 Campus Residential IIT Student
- 1 Campus Commuter IIT Student
- 1 Substitute Member
The ACaPS Office reserves the right to reduce the appeal committee to (3) representatives if member(s) are unavailable for a given docket. Reduced committees shall have at least (1) student representative and (1) staff representative.
- Members will be expected to serve on the committee for one (1) academic year.
- Members will be expected to come into our office and review citation appeals twice monthly for approximately an hour.
- This will be done at a scheduled time on a predetermined date.
- Committee members will be kept confidential.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at email@example.com.
APPEAL OF PARKING TICKETS
APPEAL OF PARKING CITATIONS
Parking citations may be appealed if issued incorrectly or if there are extenuating circumstances. All citation appeals must be made within 7 days of the date the citation was issued. To appeal a parking citation, click here. Appeals must be submitted electronically. Access, Card, and Parking Services is unable to consider in person appeals.
If an appeal is granted, the violator will be notified and the violation will be waived.
If an appeal is denied, the violator will be notified. The violator will be responsible for all applicable charges and fines. Those fines and charges must be paid within 30 days of the appeal denial notice.