Purpose: The Parking Appeals Committee at Illinois Institute of Technology is an impartial body of campus community members that review parking citation appeals and recommend decisions to the Director of Access, Card, and Parking Services (ACaPS).
- 1 IIT Faculty Representative
- 1 IIT Staff Representative
- 1 Rental Property Tenant Representative
- 1 Campus Residential IIT Student
- 1 Campus Commuter IIT Student
- 1 Substitute Member
- Members will be expected to serve on the committee for one (1) academic year.
- Members will be expected to come into our office and review citation appeals twice monthly for approximately an hour.
- This will be done at a scheduled time on a predetermined date.
- Committee members will be kept confidential.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at email@example.com.
APPEAL OF PARKING TICKETS
Parking tickets may be appealed if issued incorrectly or if there are extenuating circumstances. All tickets appeals must be made within 7 days of the date the citation was issued. To appeal a parking ticket, click here. Appeals are submitted as written only and may not be made in person. The appeal must be submitted or postmarked (if mailed) within seven days of the date the ticket was issued.
If an appeal is granted, the violator will be notified and the violation will be voided.
If an appeal is denied, the violator will be notified. The violator will be responsible for all applicable charges and fines. Those fines and charges must be paid within 30 days of the appeal denial notice.