Minutes of the Undergraduate Studies Committee
Attending Voting Members: K. Spink (BIOL), S. Tin (MMAE), R. Trygstad (ITM), J. Twombly (SSB), Y. Torun (PHYS), G. Fasshauer (AMAT), G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), P. Troyk (BME), J. Budiman (CAEE), Soonen Ahua (SGA), E-J Lee (PSYC), R. Steffenson SS, B. Koehr (ROTC), M. Tanner (CHEM).
Also attending: G. Welter (UGAA), M. Lopez (One Stop), G. Smith (UGAA), J. Dorr (Galvin), R. Landis (PSYC), R. Cammino (ACE), C. Kocurek (HUM), E. Mitchell (LCHS).
Absent departments: ARCH, CHBE, CS, ECE, INTM, MSED
The meeting is chaired by Matt Bauer.
Documents pertaining to this meeting are here:
Adjourn: 1:45 p.m. Minutes recorded by Pulliam.
Chair notes there is a quorum at 12:50 p.m.
Minutes of 11/27/2012 meeting are approved unanimously.
1) (Pulliam) Change in general education requirement language on bulletin page 25, from “All students must take HUM 102, 104, or 106” to “All students must take HUM 102, 104, 106, or a 200-level HUM course.” Passes unanimously.
2) (Pulliam) Communication (COMM) degree program—consolidation of PTC and JTSB into a single degree with specializations. Vote delayed until next meeting to incorporate committee suggestions.
3) (Kocurek) Digital Humanities (DH) degree program is introduced, discussed, and will be voted on at the next meeting.
4) (Landis) Consumer Research, Analytics and Communication (CRAC) degree program introduced, discusses and will be voted on next meeting.
5) (Steffenson) Comparative Economic Development (CED) degree program introduced, discusses and will be voted on next meeting.