Minutes of the Undergraduate Studies Committee
Attending Voting Members: B. Steffenson (SSCI), G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), J. Miller (PSYC), G. Popovic (MSED), A. Schachman (ARCH), C. Wark (MMAE), C. Hood (CS), R. Ellis (AMAT), J. Saniie (ECE), R. Wang (CHEM), J. Twombly (SSB), N. Karuri (CHBE), M. Safar (INTM), P. Snopok (PHYS), T. Brasek (ROTC), J. Budiman (CAEE), R. Trygstad (ITM), N. Menhart (BIOL), A. Raina (SGA).
Also attending: G. Welter (UGAA), G. Smith (UGAA), J. Gorzkowski (UGAA), C. Emmons (Assessment), S. Pariseau (Academic Affairs), C. Himes (LCHS), E. Mitchell (PSYC/LCHS), L. Massengale (GL), P. Zachocki (Registrar)
Absent departments: BME
Quorum declared at 12:47
Adjourn at 1:40.
Documents pertaining to this meeting are at:
Meeting is chaired by Kathryn Spink.
Minutes recorded by Pulliam.
1) Minutes of the 11/24/2015 meeting are approved by unanimous consent.
2) (Schachman) ITP Proposal-passes unanimously. It eliminates the requirement that ITP must be taken in the first year.
3) (Mitchell) New Curriculum committee to seek ways to incorporate innovation into the UG curriculum.
4) (Himes) Applied Analytics degree program moves from PSYC department to SSCI department. M. Shapiro to run the program.
5) (Miller) Minor changes to PSYC degree programs: Consumer Research, Analytics and Communication; Behavioral Health and Wellness. Pass unanimously.
6) (Steffenson) Informational items: Changes to SSCI programs.
a. Name change: ‘Social and Economic Development Policy’ to ‘Policy’
b. Name change: ‘Emerging Economies’ specialization to ‘International Development’ and ‘Advanced Economies’ specialization to ‘Urban and Regional Development’
c. Course substitution: SSCI354 Urban Policy replaces SSCI382 Triple Helix
7) Chemistry co-terminal degree programs: BS CHEM/MS CHE; BS CHEM/MS CHEM. BS CHEM/MS CHEM passes unanimously; BS CHEM/MS CHE will come back with revisions in the next meeting of the UGSC.