Minutes of the Undergraduate Studies Committee
Attending Voting Members: J. Budiman (CAEE), M. Bauer (CS), G. Pulliam (HUM/CAC), J. Cesarone (MMAE), B. Steffenson (SSCI), R. Trygstad (ITM), J. Twombly (SSB), N. Menhart (BIOL), R. Ellis (AMAT), J. Miller (PSYC), L. Coffey (PHYS), N. Karuri (CHBE), R. Wadhwani (SGA), J. Saniie (ECE), M. Safar (INTM), A. Schachman (ARCH), P. Troyk (BME).
Also attending: J. Gorzkowski (UGAA), G. Welter (UGAA), G. Smith (UGAA), V. Foster (HEA Compliance), C. Emmons (Assessment), V. Mimica (ARCH), A. Siemionow (ARCH), C. Torres (ARCH), G. Papavasiliou (BME), J. Kallend (ACE), BJ Engelhardt (Career Services), J. Snapper (UFC), VJ Shah (SGA), L. Zymberi (SGA), A. Grudowski (SGA), T. Grudowski (SGA)
Absent departments: CHEM, MSED, ROTC.
Documents pertaining to this meeting are at:
Meeting is chaired by Kathryn Spink.
Adjourn: 1:41 p.m.
Minutes recorded by Pulliam.
1) Minutes of 11/11/2014 meeting approved by unanimous consent with no changes.
2) (Papavasiliou) Informational item from BME: for the Cell and Tissue track, BME 424 is replacing MS 201.
3) (Miller) Changes to the Psychology BS. Vote to be taken at the 2/10/2015 meeting.
4) (Mimica) B ARCH/M ARCH co-terminal degree program.
5) (Steffenson) Clarification of role of LCHS and SSCI courses in the core curriculum: LCHS courses—S or H credit assigned on a case-by-case basis; SSCI courses may be paired with either PS or SOC upper-level course to count as a 2-course sequence.
6) (Spink) Grading policy subcommittee report
a) final grades deadlines
b) pass/fail options
Both topics continue to be under discussion.